Alacrify Are Hiring!
28th January 2019
Job Vacancy: Personal Assistant - Part Time, Dorchester, Dorset
Job title: Personal Assistant
Location: Alacrify Ltd, 2nd Floor, Agriculture House, Acland Road, Dorchester
Responsible to: Jon Sloper
Pay: £18,500 p.a. pro. rata.
Hours: 12 per week, mornings.
Alacrify is a small digital marketing and web application development agency based in Dorchester, with a portfolio of clients across the UK. We specialise in creating flexible online solutions for businesses in the private and tertiary (volunteer and charity) sectors, and offer website building, coding development, and consultancy and training services. We provide a variety of support services, including copywriting, image processing and social media marketing.
This post will deliver administrative support to the business and help to increase the quality of communication between the business and our clients. It will also provide extra resource to help with content development and social media work and improve the pro-active support that is offered to our clients.
The work will be spread across 4 days each week, Monday through Thursday, between 9.30 and 12.30 each day. We can be flexible with timings however.
There will be a 3 month probationary period at the start of the contract. Annual leave is 20 days pro rata plus bank holidays.
Overall purpose of the job:
To improve the communications between Alacrify and our clients by becoming the first point of contact for enquiries and messages.
To assist with the maintenance of client websites through the Content Management Systems that we build, including copywriting and image preparation for use on the internet.
Under the guidance of James and Jon, to offer initial responses to support requests, and provide assistance where appropriate.
To assist with the communication of updates and news about current projects, keeping clients up to date with progress.
To assist with the monitoring and following up of unpaid invoices, and service renewals.
To work alongside James and Jon in the design and delivery of social media services on behalf of our clients, and also for Alacrify.
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. To improve communications between clients and Alacrify
- To answer the phone and emails as a first point of contact in the business.
- To keep in touch with current clients on a regular basis, especially those who have current live projects with Alacrify, giving them progress updates and staying in touch with outstanding issues.
- To use the Content Management Systems we build into our clients’ websites to help clients to keep their websites up to date, or respond to their content-change / update requests.
2. To assist with support requests
- To work with James and Jon to respond to client support requests and questions in a timely and helpful manner.
- To develop skills and abilities around website content management and image processing to support clients with managing their websites.
- To use internal systems to document support activities, and manage client information.
3. To assist with the monitoring and chasing of unpaid invoices, and service renewals.
- To use Sage Accounts 50C to monitor unpaid client invoices and follow up overdue accounts.
- To work with the automated renewal systems to monitor expired services and unacknowledged renewal reminders, following up clients for a decision and payment where necessary, and occasionally suspending services in accordance with service contracts.
4. To work alongside James and Jon in the design and delivery of social media services on behalf of our clients, and also for Alacrify.
- To prepare information for use on social media platforms for clients and Alacrify alongside James and Jon. Sourcing artwork and preparing text for direct use on social media platforms, plus using scheduling tools developed by Alacrify and others to pre-load marketing campaign messages for clients and Alacrify.
- To liaise with clients to collate information for use on the campaigns.
Knowledge & skills
- Attention to fine detail.
- Excellent written and spoken English. Attention to grammar and spelling is essential.
- Experience of handling phone calls and emails in a friendly and professional manner.
- Confident in the use of Microsoft Office; specifically Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to communicate appropriately to different people; appreciating their level of expertise and anxiety and technical knowledge, and responding in a suitable manner.
- Ability to handle challenging interactions with clients who may be concerned about the services provided.
- Experience of using social media; particularly Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Proven commitment to working as part of a team.
- Experience of managing own work priorities and setting goals.
- Ability to work within the security and privacy standards of the business.
- Understanding of the need for client confidentiality and privacy regarding their business, communications and data. Awareness of the impact and requirements of Non-Disclosure Agreements.
- Experience of using Adobe Photoshop (or equivalent) to manipulate photographic images; specifically cropping, resizing and preparing for web.
- Experience of using Adobe Creative Suite; specifically InDesign and Illustrator.
- Experience of using Sage 50C.
- Experience of website content management systems.
- Understanding of website technology and search engine optimisation.
- Understanding of marketing principles and social media strategy.
- General understanding of the nature of business, and an appreciation of the variety of different models and approaches in different sectors.
- General understanding of data protection and security issues.
- Excellent time-keeping and time-management.
- Friendly and professional manner in all communications and contact with staff and colleagues.
- Positive attitude and engagement with colleagues.
- Enthusiasm for continuous learning and skill-development.
- Awareness of and respect for the contribution of colleagues, partners and suppliers.
- Treats colleagues and everyone with whom they come into contact with dignity and respect.
- Works actively to support team members to achieve team objectives to time and within available resources.
- Proven ability to actively communicate and liaise with a wide range of colleagues in a timely, relevant and constructive manner.
- Listens actively, considering other perspectives carefully.
- Has a lively intellectual curiosity whilst maintaining a focus on results.
- Takes responsibility and uses initiative to achieve objectives within agreed working procedures.
Alacrify Ltd is committed to providing equality of opportunity.
Applications should be sent by midnight on 17th February 2019.